Friday, February 28, 2014

The Word Is Out on Couponing

 Ever seen that movie Good Morning Viet Nam?   That is the way I feel today.  I want to say hello to all of you around the globe.  I'm very excited about all the new little tricks I have been using.  Oh, I mentioned them before, but I wonder if you are paying attention.

  First of all there is no big money to be saved here in one shot. It's a slow process a few dollars at a time and it will pay off.  It has for me and it will for you too. I came across a web blog about Disneyland.  Everything this woman makes on her webpage goes into a fund to take her family to the happiest place on earth.

    To tell you the truth, there is only so much of Disneyland I can take; about your tenth time you want to stick your finger down your throat. But if you have kids, I totally get you, its a must go scene. The little trick I'm mentioning is the www.checkout51.com

    I went to Walgreens and saw a special on some Neutrogena skin oil it was reduced to $2.25 when I arrived home, I uploaded the receipt to their site and received a credit of $2.00.  I tell you https://www.facebook.com/Neutrogena  did not make a dime this day a matter of fact, with guys like me they will go broke in no time.

    Every time I mention a product I include their website so maybe you can explore it a little more.  A lot of manufacturers have two sites one their official website and nowadays every company has their site on Facebook; that is where they post a lot of coupons.  But they are tricky, they ask you to press the like button. This is their way of getting the word out. I posted a comment the other day on http://www.odwalla.com/

   Facebook page and I said that I found a $1 off coupon at Walgreens in their little pamphlet. I said, get it, they are very rare.   Boy they took it real personal, I got response real fast. They said that they often post coupons here on their Facebook page. So you see it's worth taking a look.  I stopped off at Target and picked up some carrots and some Oscar Meyer lunch meat  http://www.kraftbrands.com/oscarmayer/  and did the same uploaded the recipe.

   I'm up to $20 dollars and I'm about to get my check for what? For practically doing nothing. I tried to pull a fast one and looked for a coupon, but they are very clever these companies I found out after about ten minutes of looking that they had pulled every coupon from every site so if you want to get a discount for their lunch meat www.checkout51.com was the only way to get  a discount.

    While I was at Target I picked up some Keebler crackers I had a 75 cent coupon for them. It's funny how I came across that coupon.  I looked around my kitchen and found about four boxes of cereal by Kelloogs  http://www.kelloggs.com/en_US/home.html 

    I opened them and found a code inside each box I entered them on their site. And received a total of 700 points I cashed them in for a few coupons and a chance at a vacation. These are the little games that these companies pull.  It's ok, I like these crackers make sure you buy reduced fat ones. You want to stay healthy and have a low cholesterol don't you.

    Whenever the opportunity presents itself, I always buy the healthy alternative such as light mayonnaise or low fat yogurt. That's just me, you can add bacon to everything if you like. Even your ice cream. When I was in Target I also took advantage of all the dog coupons I had.

   They don't let you print them very often, but I got lucky and acquired about six of them before getting cut off. Iams, Rachel Ray and Benifull. I don't touch Alpo my dogs snubbed it, they rather starve than eat that. The Benifull I swear looks like some of the stew I make.

    When my friends come over I show them the food and tell them that is what is for dinner. They don't find it very funny, but I do.  I also picked up some coke soft drink boxes. I'm probably the only one on earth who still calls it Coca Cola. That is because I was born in South America and that is what we called it there. I left when I was seven, but I can't break the habit of calling it by their original name.

 You do know about coke rewards don't you?  I mentioned it before. Under the bottle cap silly, find the code.  I'm cashing in my points for a big bottle of the stuff for freeeee.

 http://www.mycokerewards.com/home.do






Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment