Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Where Is The Best Place To Shop?


 
OK, lets  get down to the nitty gritty. Of course only you can say where the best place to shop is, because of your preference. Whatever your reasons are. I can only tell you what works for me to get the most bang for your buck.
 
  My favorite place to shop is Target. For starters, you can find some really healthy chicken, beef and fish. This is very important for me. Ground meat, 5%,  chicken without hormones. They are really trying to put a good product out there.

   What are they doing to be competitive and help their customers save?  Well lets start off with their 5% red card all you have to do is link your checking account to the red card they give you. I know these are troubling times and they got hacked and millions of passwords and account numbers were stolen. I’m not worried, my bank has guaranteed my account if I get money stolen, they are going to cover it. So there go and change your passwords and get a new card if you are so paranoid.

   I really don’t blame you, but don’t panic banks are spending millions on encryption and safeguards in these times even the Pentagon gets cyber attacks its just par for the course and the way it is. Hackers are here to stay.

 Aside from the five percent they have in place a program on their website called the cartwheel.  Click on it, it will have a lot of their products you add some to your cartwheel, you are only allowed about ten items and at the check out you get about 10% off per item, providing that you took the time to print it out so they can scan the barcode.

    If you are really hip and Smartphone savey pull it up there and scan the barcode with your cell phone. The Cartwheel I also also serves as a market list for the items you need to buy, this in no way is going to save you a lot of money but it’s so easy and so little time to dedicate to it that it makes it worth it.  It’s a lot of fun to see the amount saved since they keep a running total on their page I have a balance of $3 dollars wow! But this for doing hardly anything so.  I would call it close to free money.

    The next time you shop you change the items. On their site you search for coupons they have a nice variety these are called store coupons they can obviously be used only at Target, just print out the coupons you are interested in. When shopping, pick out an item put in your basket and throw the coupon into the basket or put into your shirt pocket the trick is to forget about it until the check out lane.
 
    Here is an important tip you can use a store coupon and a manufacture coupon together. Now we are talking big savings. You can calculate the percentage you save if you want.  You can even download spreadsheets to do this sort of thing. Add up your coupon, savings and add it to a text message its all up to you I’m just giving you some basics.

   I cannot leave you without mentioning one more thing, how are you going to organize your coupons this is so imp. Like I said before, some women on YouTube use a binder method. Some use the old fashion Rolodex. I will tell you what I do if it works for you great.

   I went to Wallgreens and purchased a photo album, it cost me $15 it holds four hundred pictures; on every frame I put two coupons you can put them by categories if you like. When I’m in the store I flip through the pages and buy items that I have coupons for I don’t deviate.

   I don’t have the kind of savings that the show extreme couponing have but I do save. I spend about $225 dollars and save about 66 dollars on every shopping trip. Remember, I’m still learning and getting better at it each day. So quick recap Target Redcard 5%, Cartwheel 5% to 10% each item, store coupons, and manufacture coupons.

   After you pay up and are about to walk out with your big smile you are given what are called Catalina coupons they are called Catalina because that is the name of the machines they are printed on make sure you save those along side your other coupons they have been printed already for you.  Save the ink.



  Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment